Starline Software Ltd.
is pleased to announce the release of
Investigation Catalyst Version 1.0
What is it?
Investigation Catalyst is a new genre of self-directing, collaborative investigation software for documenting, understanding, analyzing and improving phenomena and processes of all kinds faster and better.
Who can use it?
Anyone who performs or manages investigations, AND is seriously about finding something better than they use now. Can help accident investigators, police and fire investigators, researchers, reporters, designers, hazard analysts, maintenance supervisors, insurance investigators, teachers and trainers, among others.
What does it do?
It "catalyzes" or improves the efficiency and value of investigative and analytical tasks like
- process development and
- the analysis of process hazards or breakdowns,
- accident and incident investigations,
- investigation quality assurance,
- change management and
- recommendation development, evaluation and documentation.
How does it work better?
It improves efficiency and value by helping investigators
- identify and define the data they need to describe and understand what they are investigating;
- structure, organize and test relevance and validity of data as acquired;
- display coupled process interactions to demonstrate their interdependency;
- pinpoint each impediment to better performance;
- identify and compare merits of each potential option for improving performance;
- define tasks required to monitor actual performance changes vs. predicted changes;
- test the logic of the investigation outputs;
- communicate interim and final investigation results quickly and persuasively; and
- produce an organizational memory of problems and changes useable in other organizational functions.
How can I try it?
That's easy. Download the Investigation Catalyst 1.0 trial package for Mac OS 10.2 or later here.
This package is fully functional except it has a 20 event block limitation. It
includes the application with multiple data entry, editing, display, analysis, import and export
capabilities, default evaluation guidance and criteria, tutorials, self-help learning
Guides, examples and more. You can purchase the registration at a special introductory price from within the application to remove the 20 event block limitation.
This software is not yet available for Linux or Windows.